First day of working

Hello everyone,

I am Arefeh (ESR12) my working title of the thesis is “On convex nonlinear semidefinite
programming concepts for the solution of polynomial optimization problems”. I am hosted by the Mathematical Optimization group in the Mathematics Department of the Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. The team, led by Michael Stingl, has strong expertise in algorithmic optimization as well as optimization with (partial) differential equations. I am deeply honored that I would be a part of the POEMA from now on. In this weblog, I will be posting articles describing my research life, my secondment or any topic related to my research in the POEMA.

Today is the first day of my working at FAU. I am really really excited about this new chapter of my study life and I am also a little bit stressed out! I have met my supervisor and our team in the mathematics department. the senior researcher of the team, Dr. Fabian Wein, helped me a lot to learn some formalities and other staff as well. As my supervisor recommended me, I am going to start reading his Ph.D. thesis "on the solution of nonlinear semidefinite programs by augmented lagrangian methods" which is included some principal concepts and definitions on SDPs and also I am going to read 2 papers on "semidefinite programming" subject.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary of my research's theoretical part

POEMA Final Workshop

My third (final) research stay at Tilburg University