My first research stay in Birmingham(on-site)




I arrived in Birmingham on the 31st of July, and this city had the best first impression on me! :) the weather is nice, with beautiful landscapes and great shopping stores! And the most interesting one is that people drive on the left side of the road here! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ So I am cautious while I am crossing the streets! Do You know what I mean? ๐Ÿ˜ (first right, then left). Fortunately, I have a colleague here, "Soodeh" ESR 13, who is also Iranian, and from the first day that I arrived here, she has been helping me a lot. Although I can not enter the University of Birmingham (due to COVID-19) and I must work from home, I have regular meetings in-person with Prof. Michal Kocvara and Soodeh. We also had regular zoom meetings with Prof. Michael Stingl (my supervisor at FAU). Almost every day, Soodeh and I work together and can make progress, and it seems this research stay will be very productive.๐Ÿ’ช 
Currently, we are working on two new preconditioners, and we are trying to prove some features of them in theory. In parallel, I am working on implementing new preconditioners and applying them to truss problems using the PBM method. 
I am so glad to be an Early-Stage Researcher at the POEMA training network besides pursuing my Ph.D. I also have this huge opportunity to work with other supervisors, exchange our knowledge, travel, and gain new life experiences, which are precious and exciting. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary of my research's theoretical part

POEMA Final Workshop

My third (final) research stay at Tilburg University